Commercial and Contracts Specialist - Major Accounts
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Strategy & IS
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships with a rich history of supporting thousands of customers across the mining and construction industries in Australia. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 4,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes.
WesTrac is looking for a skilled Commercial and Contracts Specialist – Major Accounts to join our team at our Customer Service Centre in South Guildford, WA.
Reporting to the Commercial & Contracts Manager, this role is responsible for working with the Sales, Operations and Legal Teams to provide support and guidance to the contract negotiation process for the Company’s Major Accounts. Post contract execution, this role takes joint responsibility for the management of all related contracts, to ensure delivery of contractual obligations, risk mitigation and achievement of optimal commercial outcomes.
Expectations of this role include:
- Development of contracting strategies, undertake commercial review, contract formation and management of contract variations in compliance with the company contracting benchmarks.
- Manage documentation and review/approval process for the execution of new contracts or contract variation/amendment requests in accordance with company guidelines.
- Provide recommendations and support to internal customers for the management of risks and governance to ensure business adherence to contractual obligations.
- Coordinate review and/or escalation of commercial contractual issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work effectively across the business through open communication and engagement.
- Minimum Degree qualified in Engineering, Commercial, or Legal discipline.
- Strong contract management experience with an understanding of advanced contracting concepts.
- Sound understanding of contract terms and conditions, commercial and legal risks impacting the business.
- Ability to optimise commercial value and drive improvements across the value chain.
- Ability to manage internal relationships at all levels and develop commercial solutions.
- Influence and challenge with assertiveness and communicate with impact, while developing trusted relationships and pursuing win-win solutions.
- Ability to provide technical coaching and mentoring to other team members.
- Experience in the formation and review of advanced contracting concepts and deliverables.
- Experience in reporting on contract metrics, deliverables and commercial performance.
- Customer facing relationship and negotiation experience at the management level.
- Experience in the drafting and review of letters, variations, and scope changes.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to get a $3,000 referral bonus as part of our Recommend and Spend program.
- Job security with a consistent pipeline of work.
- Unrivalled training and development via The WesTrac Institute.
- Fantastic team environment and inclusive work culture.
- Made for More Rewards program with discounts at retailers like Woolworths, Caltex, Apple, Crown, Qantas and many more.
- Paid parental leave, discounted health insurance, income protection insurance, and salary sacrifice options.
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level with WesTrac click the ‘Apply’ button today!
Relocation and Visa sponsorship assistance can be offered to candidates currently located in Australia only.
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now