At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with WesTrac's own in house RTO - 50737, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
WesTrac are seeking Mechanics to join our team at Bulga. Working alongside a large crew of mechanics, this role will see you performing inspections, maintenance and repairs on Caterpillar equipment including 789C Rock Trucks, 797F & 793D Mining Trucks, D10 & D11 Dozers, 16M & 24M Motor Graders, 834H & 854K Wheel Dozers.
Our ideal candidates will have experience working with heavy vehicles alongside high-level technical skills and mechanical expertise, allowing them to thrive within the team. As a mechanic with WesTrac, you will also have a demonstrated ability to be highly efficient and prioritise your workload accordingly.
Caterpillar product knowledge is advantageous.
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Experience on mine sites is advantageous
- Heavy Vehicle experience is essential
- Familiarity with Caterpillar equipment is desirable
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
Why join WesTrac?
As one of the World's leading Caterpillar dealers, WesTrac services a broad range of customers across NSW, ACT & WA. Our ongoing success is attributed to the individuals that make up our teams, which is why we offer a competitive benefits package and pride ourselves on our Safe, Engaged and Customer Focused Culture. As a WesTrac team member you will receive:
- Competitive remuneration
- Annual Remuneration and performance review
- Discounted CAT Hand Tools
- Fitness Passport for the whole family
- Up to $8k in relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Income protection with 24/7 coverage
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Online Learning Library to support your continued development
- Opportunities for progression with pathways to field services, sales and leadership roles
- Dealership network with opportunities for short term or permanent transfers
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and quote job number 882983.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.