WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships with a rich history of supporting thousands of customers across the mining and construction industries in Australia. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 4,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes.
Reporting to the Regional Technical Product Advisor Lead the Technical Product Advisor provides support to customers regarding on-board hardware and software technology products. The aim is to ensure customers are successful in the maintenance, repair and operation of these technology products and ensure any faults and issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. This role also issues regular technology performance reports outlining current performance levels, gaps and the progress of plans to rectify. You will act as the conduit between customer, WesTrac and Caterpillar.
The nature of the role is advisory, i.e. although hands-on technical skills & experience are required for the role, most importantly it is aimed at providing advice and consultation to customers regarding faults & diagnosis, root cause analysis and maintenance & repair strategies for technology products – both for on-board hardware and software.
Location: This role will be working with various customers and stakeholders across various sites and in the Perth metropolitan area.
Roster: FIFO 8 & 6 Roster, 12 hours per day
To be successful the following is required:
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, coupled with at least 5 years post qualification experience or trade qualification in Automotive electrical or Mechanical field with minimum 8 years post trade experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within mining technology industry
- Knowledge and understanding of Caterpillar MineStar products and their application
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of radio-based data networks and high precision GNSS systems
- High level computer literacy skills
- High level communication skills
- Time management, planning and organisational skills with the ability manage multiple priorities to meet objectives
- Highly developed attention to detail with the ability to analyse data and compile reports whilst providing suitable recommendations
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills with the ability to follow through with required action
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
What we offer:
- $3,000 Recommend and Spend Referral bonus program
- Job security with a consistent pipeline of work
- Unrivalled training and development via The WesTrac Institute
- Relocation assistance and Visa sponsorship transfers available for Australian-based workers
- Regular career progression opportunities
- Fantastic team environment and culture
- Income protection Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Discounts on a number of fantastic brands including Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Crown, Qantas etc
- Discounted health insurance
- Salary Sacrifice available for airline memberships, cars etc
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level with WesTrac click the ‘Apply’ button today!
For more information please call The WesTrac Recruitment Team on 08 9377 8700 or email your Resume to CareersWesTrac@westrac.com.au
Relocation and Visa sponsorship assistance can be offered to candidates currently located in Australia only.
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.