Sales and Marketing Manager
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Operational Support Services
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
About the Role
The Sales and Marketing Manager (Internal position title - Resource Industries (RI) Aftermarket Manager) is responsible for driving optimal sales performance across all WesTrac RI commodity segments through the development and delivery of successful sales and marketing campaigns, go to market strategies, training programs, metrics-driven best practices and delivery of next-generation technologies designed to improve sales force effectiveness. This role exists to maximise margins and revenue outcomes for the business and will work closely with the aftermarket sales teams.
This position will be offered on a full-time permanent basis, working Monday to Friday, based at our Tomago facility.
- Develop and implement clear go to market strategies aligned to aftermarket sales – through comprehensive market analysis, develop and deliver customer solutions which set WesTrac apart from its competitors and enables it to be the First Choice in Equipment Solutions.
- Lead a high performing team – identify the team roles and responsibilities necessary for business success, set clear expectations, drive execution discipline through effective management strategies and maintain a highly engaged and supportive team culture, to grow commodity class and deliver on Caterpillar and WesTrac growth targets.
- Deliver continuous improvement in sales force effectiveness – support our RI aftermarket sales teams with thought leadership, process and system improvements and execution discipline to grow revenue, market share and profitability across the organisation.
- Aftermarket marketing strategies and marketing support.
- Working with various internal and CAT stakeholders to support development of support programs, from customer feedback as provided either directly through win/loss debrief or through sales and services team input.
- Own commodity programs for WesTrac and act as interface into Cat and aftermarket teams.
- Establish and maintain reporting governance – create a standard and consistent reporting for all customers data and Cat.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary Qualification within the field of Business, Commerce or similar, coupled with 5-10 years demonstrated experience in a similar role leading a high performing team, preferably in product or sales management.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Advanced leadership/people management experience with the ability to inspire, influence and motivate teams across multiple functions not directly within the reporting line.
- Demonstrated ability in the promotion of a positive organisational culture that promotes and encourages ongoing leadership, learning, skills development and performance excellence.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills – prior experience completing market and customer analysis and development of strategy that aligns.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer focus – track record delivering customer driven solutions and implementing initiatives to improve overall customer experience
- Caterpillar product knowledge and/or knowledge in the heavy equipment industry highly desirable.
Why Join WesTrac?
As one of the World's leading Caterpillar dealers, WesTrac services a broad range of customers across NSW, ACT & WA. Our ongoing success is attributed to the individuals that make up our teams, which is why we offer a competitive benefits package and pride ourselves on our Safe, Engaged and Customer Focused Culture. As a WesTrac team member you will receive:
- Competitive remuneration
- Annual Remuneration and performance review
- Discounted CAT Hand Tools
- Fitness Passport for the whole family
- Up to $8k in relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Income protection with 24/7 coverage
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Online Learning Library to support your continued development
- Opportunities for progression with pathways to field services, sales and leadership roles
- Dealership network with opportunities for short term or permanent transfers
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend