Trades Assistant - Machine Rebuilds
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Service, Engineering, Mining & Repair Contracts (MARC) WA, Operational Support Services, Product Support
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships with a rich history of supporting thousands of customers across the mining and construction industries in Australia. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 4,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the successful individual will be responsible for organising various activities for the rebuilds workshop, this will include keeping the work area tidy and organised, cleaning and inspecting parts, assisting tradesmen with mechanical duties, making deliveries and collecting supplies.
Roster: Position 1 – Monday to Friday 10 hours per day, 2 weeks dayshift, 1 week night shift
Position 2 – 7 Days on, 7 off, 7 nights on, 7 off – 12 hours per day.
To be successful the following is required:
- Previous Trade Assistant experience in Warehousing, Logistics or Mining and Equipment industries
- Current Valid Forklift Licence is essential, with solid Forklift operation experience
- Dogging certificate will be highly desirable
- Valid Driver’s Licence (HR would be an advantage)
- Basic Mechanical skills, a pre- apprenticeship or practical experience in a Mechanical workshop is desirable
- Dedicated focus on safety and the use of safety and risk assessment tools such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5's
What we Offer:
- Recommend and Spend – earn $3,000 for every successful referral (you and your referral)
- Supportive and inclusive work environment with a friendly, positive team culture
- Unrivalled training, development and career progression opportunities
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work-life balance focused with a reputable Employee Assistance Program available
- Discounts on a number of fantastic brands including Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Crown and Qantas
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice available for airline memberships, cars etc.
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now