WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships with a rich history of supporting thousands of customers across the mining and construction industries in Australia. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 4,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes.
Reporting to the Contract Supervisor, in this role as a Leading Hand you will provide guidance, assistance and supervision to a team of trades working on the Mining Fleet at the Murrin Murrin Nickel Project, a remote Minesite located 100km from Leonora in the Goldfields, WA.
The variety of equipment includes D10T Dozers, 992K Wheel Loaders, 16M Graders and a wide range of models of Off Highway Trucks (785C - 785D). You will assist to provide Equipment Management solutions to WesTrac's customer while also ensuring work is completed in a collaborative, team environment with a strong focus on safety.
7 days on, 7 nights on, 7 days off. 12.5 hour shifts - FIFO ex Perth.
To be successful the following is required:
- Have previous experience in and held a leadership or Leading Hand position.
- Mobile Plant, Heavy Diesel or Auto Electrician Trade Qualification with post trade experience.
- Understanding of Caterpillar Equipment and CAT Warranty Process.
- Extensive experience in above ground Mining Operations.
- AMT, SIS, DBS knowledge essential for daily work order control and management.
- Front Line Management training is advantageous to reflect required time management and leadership qualities.
- Strong mechanical skills including fault finding and diagnostic.
- Willing to work in a regional and remote area on a FIFO basis.
- Ability to provide positive leadership, manage people & resolve conflict.
- Be well aligned and exhibit WesTrac’s SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer.
What we offer:
- $3,000 Recommend and Spend Referral bonus program.
- Job security with a consistent pipeline of work.
- Unrivalled training and development via The WesTrac Institute.
- Relocation assistance and Visa sponsorship transfers available for Australian-based workers.
- Regular career progression opportunities.
- Fantastic team environment and culture.
- Income protection Insurance.
- Paid parental leave.
- Discounts on a number of fantastic brands including Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Crown, Qantas etc.
- Discounted health insurance.
- Salary Sacrifice available for airline memberships, cars etc.
This position is a full-time, permanent opportunity with a highly attractive remuneration package on offer.
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level with WesTrac click the ‘Apply’ button today!
For more information please call The WesTrac Recruitment Team on 08 9377 8700 or email your Resume to CareersWesTrac@westrac.com.au referencing the job number 882511.
Relocation and Visa sponsorship assistance can be offered to candidates currently located in Australia only.
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.