- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships with a rich history of supporting thousands of customers across the mining and construction industries in Australia. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 4,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes.
WesTrac is looking for trade experienced Mechanics to join our Component Rebuilds Centre Powertrain Team as Component Specialists in either Final Drives or Transmissions. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the successful individual will be responsible for mining equipment major component disassembly, cleaning, inspecting and preparing for the rebuild assembly process. This work will be completed in a collaborative, team environment with a strong focus on safety with the use of JHA’s, Take 5’s, contamination control, general housekeeping and on the job training.
Consideration will be given to experienced Light Vehicle Mechanics, Truck, Bus or Agriculture Mechanics who can demonstrate component repair and rebuild experience.
Roster: Monday to Friday, 2 Weeks Day Shift and 2 Weeks Night Shift (10.50 hours per day)
Location: Opportunities available based at either Welshpool or South Guildford
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (Light Vehicle Mechanics, Truck, Bus or Agriculture Mechanics)
- Mechanical aptitude and Caterpillar experience; preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills to effectively troubleshoot issues
- Accredited Forklift and Dogging Licence; or willing to obtain
- Be well aligned and exhibit WesTrac’s SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer
What we Offer:
- Recommend and Spend – earn $3,000 for every successful referral
- Supportive and inclusive work environment with a friendly, positive team culture
- Unrivalled training, development and career progression opportunities
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work-life balance focussed with a reputable Employee Assistance Program available
- Discounts on a number of fantastic brands
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice available for airline memberships, cars and more
For more information please call The WesTrac Recruitment Team on 08 9377 8700 or email your Resume to CareersWesTrac@westrac.com.au
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now