About the opportunity
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
About the role
WesTrac, Mudgee is seeking an experienced Field Service Plant Mechanic. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated individual, who has 3 years’ post trade experience, you will also bring a high level of technical skills and expertise to the role, along with a strong drive and motivation to succeed and commit to a team. We are looking for someone who has their Plant Mechanic qualifications and CAT experience.
The successful candidate will support our local mine sites, Wilpinjong, Moorlarben and Ulan Coal so we can provide them with 24/7 field service coverage. You will also be performing maintenance and repairs on a range of Caterpillar machinery located at these mine sites.
The position is a permanent, full time position. The roster that will be available is a 14/28 rotating roster on a two-week basis, you will be expected to work both day and night time shifts.
Skills & Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- Certificate of Proficiency in Mobile Plant Technology (Requirement)
- 3 years’ in a similar role
- MDG25 or willing to complete
- Sound working knowledge of Caterpillar equipment is highly regarded
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Nationally accredited Forklift, Dogman, and Working at Height tickets
- Demonstrates the WesTrac SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer
You will also have a proactive approach to your work with demonstrated experience working in high performing teams and have a methodical approach to problem solving.
Rewards & Benefits
- Job security and potential for advancement
- Excellent working conditions and team environment
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Competitive and above award base hourly rate
- 10% location allowance
- 15% Field Service allowance
- 15% shift allowance
- Rotating roster
- Discounts with Blackwood’s, Apple, JB HI Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more.
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle, plus supplementary training at our RTO.
- Income Protection covering you 24/7
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) – This is available for you and your family.
- Fitness passport for your family
- Annual Remuneration review for all staff
- Flexi time opt in – You will have the ability to purchase more leave
- 10 Weeks Paid Parental leave
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounted Cat Hand tools and merchandise
- Discounted toolbox insurance
- Further training and development opportunities
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact the Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 880869.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.