Auto Electrician – Bathurst
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
About the role
Our Bathurst team is expanding! Due to continued growth, WesTrac is seeking an experienced Auto Electrician to work at our site. The successful applicant will be a motivated individual, who has around 3 years’ post trade experience, you will also bring a high level of technical skills and expertise to the role, along with a strong drive and motivation to succeed and commit to a team. We are looking for someone who has their Auto Electrician qualifications, as well as familiarity with CAT product.
As the only Auto Electrician on site, you will need to either have underground or open cut mining experience, you will be working on a variety of CAT construction and mining equipment, this can range from; Underground Loaders, Underground Trucks, CAT Motor graders, CAT Dozers and many other CAT construction equipment.
Skills & Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Auto Electrician trade qualifications
- 3 years’ in a similar role
- MDG25 (Mine Design Guidelines) awareness
- Familiar with CAT equipment
- Previous experience with underground mining experience, we are also open to open-cut mining experience.
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Nationally accredited Forklift, Dogman, and Working at Height tickets
- Demonstrates the WesTrac SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer
Rewards & Benefits
- Job security and potential for advancement
- Excellent working conditions and team environment
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Competitive and above award base hourly rate
- Flexible roster available
- Rotating roster of days and nights, working just 14 days a month
- Discounts with Blackwood’s, Apple, JB HI Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more.
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle, plus supplementary training at our RTO.
- Income Protection covering you 24/7
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) – This is available for you and your family.
- Fitness passport for your family
- Annual Remuneration review for all staff
- Flexi time opt in – You will have the ability to purchase more leave
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental leave
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounted Cat Hand tools and merchandise
- Discounted toolbox insurance
- Further training and development opportunities
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact the Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 880771.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.