Customer Technology Solutions Specialist - Construction
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Sydney Metro & Casula, Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Operational Support Services, Product Support, Customer Service
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
About the role
We are seeking an energetic and team orientated Customer Solutions Specialist to join our Technology and Solutions Group based at our Casula Branch.
Reporting to the Technology and Solutions Manager, the Customer Solutions Specialist is responsible for utilising their detailed technical understanding of technology & its application to the Construction sector.
The Customer Solutions Specialist will work closely with WesTrac Sales Teams and Caterpillar to bring new technology products to market, implement technology specific marketing initiatives and projects for sales growth.
Working collaboratively with our sales and marketing teams, the Customer Solutions Specialist will provide deep product expertise and market knowledge support to customers and sales representatives.
We are looking for a candidate who can link their mining/construction experience to available technology solutions to deliver class leading customer centric solutions to the marketplace.
- End-to-end management of Cat Technology Construction products
- Strategy and roadmap development using the product management framework
- Subject matter expertise with the ability to provide deep product expertise and machine application knowledge to customers and sales teams
- Management of machine technology configuration based on a strong understanding of machine application and industry trends
- Determine the technology roadmap for Construction Technology products
- Advocate strongly for the Voice of Customer when making key decisions
- Develop product launch plans and promotions working closely with sales and marketing teams
- Develop strong working relationships with customers, seeking their feedback to ensure the product roadmap is aligned to their key value drivers
- Facilitate product training for sales teams
Skills & Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Tertiary qualification within Information Technology, Computer Science, Geospatial Science or related field coupled with significant post qualification experience in mining/construction or similar environment
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to apply critical thinking, analysis and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills including troubleshooting, process mapping and business analysis and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) with the ability to effectively liaise at a high level with customers and a diverse range of interdepartmental team members
- Advanced computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office, Business Objects, Cat Grade Control, Accugrade, Trimble Earthworks etc)
- Demonstrated understanding of safe work practices within an operational environment
Not essential, but will be highly regarded
- Experience in an open pit mining or construction environment with demonstrated ability to use technology products (e.g. High Precision Global Positioning System, Construction Survey Systems, UTS)
- Experience in providing technical training to internal and external stakeholders
Due to the nature of this position the selected candidate will be required to travel to site regularly.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend