For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
MACHINE & GUIDANCE TECHNICIAN - Tomago
About the role
Due to internal movements and growth, positions have become available in the Technology and Solutions Team to provide continued support of sustained customer demand and the increase in technologies installed in Caterpillar’s newest machines.
Based from our Tomago branch, as a Machine & Guidance Technician you will assist with the field and office support of Caterpillar technology products. This will involve carrying out installation, commissioning and training for both customers and dealers in the use of the Caterpillar technology product range and providing ongoing customer support.
This role will also have broader elements of sales, technical assistance, training, customer interfacing, liaison with internal technical staff as well as inputs to product development. You will be joining a strong team of committed individuals who enjoy learning new systems and products.
This position is offered on a full-time permanent basis, working Monday to Friday, 10 hour days. Additionally, flexible rosters are currently under discussion within the team.
About the team
Our WesTrac Technology Team automates the world’s largest and most technologically advanced mobile mining and construction fleet assets of our top tier clients. We are dedicated to delivering leading edge technology solutions that are driving major advances in mobile mining and construction fleet safety and performance.
Ongoing training at the WesTrac Institute, ensures our Technology Team maintains a leading-edge contemporary knowledge of mining and construction automation and associated technology products.
- Installation and Support of Machine Control and Guidance Technology
- Installation and Support of Caterpillar Autonomous Technology
- Troubleshooting and fault analysis of electronic systems and components
- Customer support and service training delivery for internal and external customers
Skills & Experience
- Electrical trade or technical qualification + post trade qualifications in specialised areas of electrical engineering (i.e. electronics, mechatronics, telecommunications)
- Demonstrated electrical / electronic capability preferably within the heavy industry
- Significant post trade experience in a similar role
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and technical specifications
- Experienced in the use and understanding of electronics, computer applications, global positioning systems and radio telemetry techniques
- Prior experience utilising technology products or similar Fleet Management Systems
- An understanding of general Mining and Construction site operations preferably with onsite experience
- Flexible rosters are currently under discussion within the team
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements and purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan and Fitness Passport
- 2-3 days induction training where required at our onsite RTO
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job Number: 880614.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.