About the opportunity
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Service Plant Mechanic for our General Construction Workshop at Tomago where you will be part of a highly skilled team that services our civil and construction customers across the Newcastle, Maitland and Central Coast Regions.
The successful applicant will have proven experience in a Field Service position where you have performed repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of customer equipment in a face paced, professional work environment. You will have strong drive, motivation and direction to succeed in a safety conscious environment.
This position will be Monday – Friday working a 50-hour week, with afternoon shifts to meet customer requirements. It will also attract a 7.5% location allowance and a 15% field service allowance on all hours worked.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carry out equipment servicing, and maintenance as required
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions
- Produce detailed, professional and timely service reports
- Provide exceptional customer service and support to our customer base
- Promote and maintain a safe, clean and compliant work environment
What we're looking for
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology or equivalent
- Dedicated to maintaining and promoting safe work practices
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Familiar with Caterpillar Equipment is highly desirable
- Proven experience in a similar role with mechanical aptitude is highly desirable
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously in the field and in a team
- Current MR Licence
- Experience with electrical repairs and fit outs is highly desirable
- Experience with SIS and ET is highly desirable
At WesTrac, we’re made for more. More time with family and friends, more training, more opportunities and more challenges to see you expand your skillset. In addition to joining a family of over 4000 team members, you’ll get access to the below benefits to allow you to get more out of your career.
- Competitive base hourly rate + annual remuneration review
- Flexi Time opt in option – accrue additional leave
- 10 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- LSL accessible after 7 years
- Fitness Passport for the whole family
- Wellness Program
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Further Education Assistance Program
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
Our recruitment process includes an interview, pre-employment medical, reference checking and national police check.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.