Fitter/Machinist - Horizontal Borer Operator
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Service, Product Support
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
A position is available for a Fitter/Machinist - Horizontal Borer Operator in our Hydraulics Workshop at South Guildford. In this position you will operate a horizontal borer machining hydraulic cylinder components and overhaul, repair, machine and manufacturer replacement components such as hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic pumps and pump drives. This will also involve the operation of manual lathes, manual machinery and general workshop duties.
We pride ourselves on having the courage to continually improve, grow our team members and ultimately satisfy our customers. We value diversity and inclusivity within our business and department. Many have progressed through many roles, developing themselves both inside and outside of the business. It’s all about job security and growth.
This is a full time permanent position on a 4-week roster of Monday to Friday, 2 weeks days and 2 weeks of nights with 10-hour shifts.
What we offer:
- Flexible leave options such as rostered days off and overtime available
- Overalls provided & laundered
- Employee of the Month Award
- Safety first working culture in an inclusive environment
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Discounts on fantastic brands including Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Crown, Qantas etc.
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
- Income protection insurance, paid parental leave and discounted health insurance
- Access to the latest training and technical knowledge on Caterpillar products
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian recognised Fitter / Machinist Trade Qualification
- Experience in using a horizontal borer and manual lathes
- Experience in component overhauls highly desirable; hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic pumps and pump drives
- Hydraulic cylinder and pump disassembly and assembly experience
- Forklift and dogging tickets -or- must be willing to obtain before starting work
- Dedication to a safe work environment and experience completing risk assessments
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend