Plant Mechanic – Field Service Mechanic
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
WesTrac has a strong community presence and prides itself on its ongoing commitment to its community and WesTrac families.
Our team at WesTrac Canberra is currently accepting applications for both Field Service Mechanics, and Workshop based Plant Mechanics. Both positions will be on a day shift roster, 6:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday, working a 50-hour week.
As a Field Service Mechanic, you will use your technical skill to provide product support and perform repairs and maintenance to ensure our customers can get the most from their machines. You will receive a 15% Field service allowance and a tool of trade vehicle with your employment package.
Ideally, you will have sound Caterpillar product knowledge, demonstrated ability to build customer relationships, great diagnostic skills, strong commitment to safety and ability to manage your workload.
The position of Plant Mechanic will be based out of our Canberra workshop. You will use your technical skill to provide product support and perform repairs and maintenance to ensure our customers can get the most from their machines. You will have excellent team work skills and be able to take direction and problem solve. You will be highly efficient and be able to prioritise your workload accordingly.
Both positions will report directly to the Workshop Supervisor.
Skills & Experience
- Heavy mechanical trade qualification
- Proven experience/industry exposure
- Familiarity with Caterpillar equipment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
At WesTrac, we’re made for more. More time with family and friends, more training, more opportunities and more challenges to see you expand your skillset. In addition to joining a family of over 4000 team members, you’ll get access to the below benefits to allow you to get more out of your career.
- Competitive base hourly rate + annual remuneration review
- 15% Field Service Allowance (Field Service Mechanic)
- Flexi Time opt in option – accrue additional leave
- 10 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- LSL accessible after 7 years
- Fitness Passport for the whole family
- Wellness Program
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Further Education Assistance Program
- Tool of trade vehicle
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
Our recruitment process includes an interview, pre-employment medical, reference checking and national police check.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.