About the opportunity
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
We are currently seeking an experienced Leading Hand Plant Mechanic for our Tomago workshop where we specialise in New Machine builds and support our largest mining customers across NSW.
The successful applicant will lead a workshop crew focusing on customer satisfaction, technician productivity, efficiency, safety, workshop housekeeping and job quality. You will have strong drive, motivation and direction to succeed and be able to work in a safety conscious environment.
This position will be on a lifestyle roster, Monday – Friday working a 48 hour week (10 hours Mon – Thurs, 8 hours Friday). It will also attract a 10% leading hand allowance, 7.5% location allowance and a 15% shift allowance on all hours worked.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the team’s activities to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Liaising with other departments to ensure projects are completed within budget and on time
- Applying your extensive CAT knowledge to solve problems autonomously
- Delegating tasks to a dynamic team
- Setting a leadership standard by living our values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect & Customer
- Promote and maintain a safe, clean and compliant work environment
What we're looking for
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Mechanical Trade qualification
- Leadership experience, with the ability to build a cohesive team with a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and organise work teams to ensure project timelines are adhered to
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Supportive and “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated to maintaining safe work practices and environment
At WesTrac, we’re made for more. More time with family and friends, more training, more opportunities and more challenges to see you expand your skillset. In addition to joining a family of over 4000 team members, you’ll get access to the below benefits to allow you to get more out of your career.
- Competitive base hourly rate + annual remuneration review
- Flexi Time opt in option – accrue additional leave
- 10 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- LSL accessible after 7 years
- Fitness Passport for the whole family
- Wellness Program
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Further Education Assistance Program
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
Our recruitment process includes an interview, pre-employment medical, reference checking and national police check.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.