Plant Mechanic - Cadia
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- Parts, Underground, Product Support
Plant Mechanic – Cadia
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
About the role
We are currently looking for 8 x experienced Plant Mechanic to join the team in Cadia. Reporting directly to the Workshop Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing repairs, maintenance, Diagnostics, reporting for preventative maintenance and inspections on CAT underground hard rock equipment and surface fleet.
The roster pattern will be: 7 days on, 7 days off, rotating both Day and Night with 12.5 hour shifts inclusive of a 30 minute break.
If you are after a career with a world leading Caterpillar dealership, what are you waiting for? Apply today!
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Heavy Vehicle / Mobile Plant trade qualifications or similar
- Sound working knowledge of Caterpillar equipment.
- Caterpillar rebuild knowledge and experience.
- Promote and maintain a safe, clean and compliant workspace.
- Understand the importance of safety and quality work and looking out for safety of you and your team.
- Strong Time Management skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Mine site experience (desirable)
- Forklift & Dogging licenses
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and other computer systems.
- Demonstrates the WesTrac SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer a range of different benefits, they include;
- Job security and potential for advancement
- Excellent working conditions and team environment
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB HI Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more.
- Competitive and above award base hourly rate
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle, plus supplementary training at our RTO.
- Income Protection covering you 24/7
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) – This is available for you and your family.
- Fitness passport for your family
- Annual Remuneration review for all staff
- Flexi time opt in – You will have the ability to purchase more leave
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental leave
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounted Cat Hand tools and merchandise
- Discounted toolbox insurance
- Further training and development opportunities
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Enesa Rosic on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No 880548.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend