For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
TECHNICAL TRAINER AND ASSESSOR
WesTrac Institute is currently seeking a Post Trade - Technical Trainer and Assessor to join our team in a permanent full time capacity based onsite at our Tomago training facility. The Tomago WesTrac Institute facility is made up of 14 general classrooms, 2 labs and a large 5-bay workshop, delivering training to apprentices and post-trade courses year round.
Reporting to the Training Manager – Post Trade, the role is accountable for developing, delivering and assessing training in accordance with required standards and WesTrac’s Core Values.
What is Post Trade Training?
Post Trade Trainers are responsible for delivering product specific, non-accredited training to our WesTrac Technicians and our customers. The primary objective is to share your knowledge on specific product groups to upskill others to a higher level of safety & efficiency. These courses can range from product familiarisation (e.g. 797 truck) to full maintenance training session on NexGen series of excavators. You don’t need to know everything but, you will be supported by Caterpillar training and literature.
As the Post Trade - Technical Trainer and Assessor, you will engage with internal and external key stakeholders to identify and understand their training needs and deliver quality training services.
- Deliver high quality training to standardised Post Trade course content
- Flexibility in delivery with online and F2F on customer sites and our Tomago facilities
- Prepare and plan resources and materials for training delivery
- Continuous improvement of course curriculum
- Delivering to Industry standards & workplace safety standards
- Educating a broad range of employees and external customers
Travel will be required on an ad hoc basis to delivery training across various NSW sites.
Skills & Experience
- Qualifications in Mobile Plant Technology and/or Heavy Commercial Vehicle and Automotive Electrical Technology with extensive mining and or construction experience
- Computer skills in power point, word and excel
- Dual Trade Mobile Plant and Auto Electrical preferred
- Excellent organisational & delivery skills, with the ability to plan, manage fluctuating workloads and conflicting priorities to achieve deadlines
- Intermediate computer literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written and verbal with the ability to influence and inspire groups of people with a passion for transferring knowledge and skills
- A demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment
- Drivers licence with the ability and willingness to travel
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE)
- Previous heavy machinery experience or exposure to Caterpillar products is desirable
You will possess a professional and proactive approach to your work. As a strong communicator and influencer you will have the ability to work effectively with all levels of the business and will be adept in ensuring customer satisfaction during the learning experience.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness passport
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job number: 880256.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.