- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2021 with major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this growth, we have a permanent opportunity for a Plant Mechanic in the Final Drives Department at South Guildford.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor your roster will be Monday to Friday, 10 hours per shift on a rotating schedule of 2 weeks of dayshift, 2 weeks nights with 1 Saturday worked per month.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the repairs and inspections on a variety of final drives and final drive components, diagnosis/fault finding and troubleshooting, completing service reports, identifying part requirements and working in teams to achieve deadlines and meet customer requirements.
We welcome applications from those with exposure in the following fields:
- Agricultural Industrial backgrounds
- Truck or Road Train diesel experience
- Bus mechanic’s
- Valve technicians with experience rebuilding large gear boxes.
You will have access to new facilities, a modern/clean workshop, first class training and the latest equipment information.
At WesTrac we Live the Values and Lead by example everyday through actions, behaviours and decisions including compliance with WesTrac’s safety procedures, safe working practices and life- saving rules. We value excellent customer service.
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian recognised Heavy-Duty or Light Vehicle Trade Certificate
- Must have Final Drive exposure
- Current C Class Licence
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- A passion for learning new skills
- High Risk Licence – Forklift and Dogging tickets highly regarded
- Ability to work successfully within a team and unsupervised
What we offer:
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend