Field Service Supervisor - Mt Thorley
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Product Support
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
FIELD SERVICE SUPERVISOR – Mt Thorley
About the role
Reporting to the Field Service Branch Manager at our Mt Thorley branch and working collaboratively with four other Field Service Supervisors, you will be responsible for managing the labour allocation of a crew of 20 experienced field service technicians.
You will contribute to one of WesTrac’s core growth strategies of service excellence by improving our service efficiency and growing customer loyalty.
As the link between the customer and the technician team, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient coordination of sourcing of labour to meet demand, scope, scheduling, pricing and invoicing of work required to ensure the customers needs are achieved while meeting agreed timeframes and budget.
Key to the success of this role is ensure the customer needs are investigated thoroughly and solutions offered to add value to both the customer and WesTrac.
This is a permanent position working a rotating roster.
- Maintaining and developing new customer contacts
- Scheduling and allocating work orders for the field service team
- Roster management, review and approval of electronic timesheets (DTC2.0)
- Complementing the current Caterpillar product line in region (mining and construction)
- Providing coaching and development plans for all team members including regular performance reviews
- Generating revenue against monthly KPI’s
- Promoting a continuous improvement approach to all areas of responsibility
- Ensuring a safe work environment is maintained at all times including regular auditing to ensure compliance with WesTrac Safety and Quality expectations
Skills & Experience
- Team player
- Trade certified mechanical with significant post trade experience
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
- Subject matter expert level knowledge in Caterpillar equipment
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise fluctuating workloads
- Ability to remain calm under the pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Collaborative approach to managing needs of internal vs external stakeholders
- Leadership/management training or formal qualification
- Intermediate computer skills; on the job training will be provided on WesTrac systems.
- Competitive salary, superannuation and salary packaging options
- Staff discounts on a range of lifestyle products and services
- Access to further education programs to progress your career and reach your potential
- Company funded income protection after six months continuous employment
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job number: 879833.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend