Field Service HD Fitter - Bunbury
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Southwest & Bunbury, Albany
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2021 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have Permanent opportunities for Heavy Duty Fitters at our Bunbury Branch.
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, your responsibilities in the team will include, but not be limited to carrying out warranty and customer repairs on a range of CAT machinery and associated products in a timely and efficient manner. You will be required to carry out field service work on a regular basis throughout the wider Bunbury region, and you have access to the latest training and technical knowledge relating to the CAT product.
You will be required to visit our Customers site to not only diagnose and repair Caterpillar equipment, but also complete warranty repair work and reports.
At WesTrac we Live the Values and Lead by example everyday through actions, behaviours and decisions including compliance with WesTrac’s safety procedures, safe working practices and life- saving rules.
You will also be required to have strong customer relations and interpersonal skills and the ability to work completely unsupervised. Your responsibilities will also include;
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Deliver first class customer service
This role is based on a 7 days on, 7 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off roster working 12 hour days.
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Qualification
- A minimum of three years post trade experience in a field service environment
- Previous mechanical experience working on Caterpillar products
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage fluctuating workloads and prioritise
- Extensive fault-finding, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5's
- Current C Class Licence – HR preferred
What we offer:
- Supportive work environment, ongoing training and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend