Customer Support Manager - Mining
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Parts, Product Support
WesTrac are looking for a Perth based Customer Support Manager who possess exceptional stakeholder engagement skills, sound business acumen and demonstrated influencing abilities. Our mining department are an integral link to our customers and to achieve our vision of being the customer’s first choice in equipment solutions we are searching for passionate, high performing and driven people.
Reporting to the Mining Business Manager, the Customer Support Manager is responsible for the effective day-to-day product support, parts and services sales activities for an existing customer base and achieving market share outcomes. The role is also responsible for assisting the customer to achieve benchmark machine performance for their assets and assist with the promise of lower cost of ownership.
What we offer:
- Income protection insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Partner discount network
- Further education assistance
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline memberships, motor vehicle etc.
- Discounted health insurance
About the role:
- Liaise with Service Operations and Maintenance Planning functions within WesTrac and the customer’s business unit to ensure customer objectives can be achieved
- Provide exceptional customer service in regards to product queries and parts/service sales for the customer’s caterpillar fleet
- Maintain successful relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure ongoing opportunity identification
- Monitor parts and service sales performance and take appropriate actions where targets are not being met
- Escalate parts and service matters to the Mining Business Manager or relevant Service Operations/ Equipment Management Centre support teams
- Ensure Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) is maintained and assist with accurate forecasting, opportunity identification and reporting
- Ensure WesTrac delivers on the promise of lowest total cost of ownership with the right technical and application advice
- Regularly monitor and report customer’s Caterpillar fleet performance to enable effective identification parts and service sales opportunities
- Act as escalation point between customer and Fleet Maintenance team with fleet machine recommendation and escalation as required
To be successful the following is required:
- Mechanical Trade Qualification coupled with 3 years post trade experience in the mining industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience in reporting writing and metrics
- 4 years relevant industry experience ideally Caterpillar Parts & Service
- Sound commercial experience within the mining product support industry
- Good understanding of the whole of life costs of mobile assets
- Previous experience within a mining planning maintenance role
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend