Heavy Duty Mechanic - Wagga Wagga
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Wagga Wagga
- Operational Support Services
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,000 staff and 140 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
PLANT MECHANIC – WAGGA WAGGA
About the role
Opportunities are available for experienced plant mechanics who live and breathe safety to join our Wagga Wagga Workshop. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, you will join an experienced and safety conscious team in workshop work, with occasional field service repairs as required. The positions on offer are permanent full time working Monday to Friday, 10 hour days with overtime available.
- Service and maintenance - various Caterpillar earthmoving equipment
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Machine overhauls
- Commitment to the safety of self and your team mates
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Trade qualification - CERT III Heavy Vehicle / Mobile Plant Qualification
- Experience working on CAT equipment or similar
- Previous use of SIS and general computer skills
- Strong diagnostic and repair skills and a commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Desired: Dogging, overhead crane, forklift and working at heights
- Competitive base hourly rate
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
- 2-3 days additional training for any required licences
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 877470.
Please note that WesTrac Pty Ltd will be closed between 20th December 2019 and the 6th January 2020. Applications will received between this period will be reviewed on our return.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend