Electrical Underground Field Service Technician
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
ELECTRICAL UNDERGROUND FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
About the role
We currently have exceptional opportunities available for experienced and capable Electrical Field Service Technicians to join our NSW based Underground Coal Field Service Department.
This role is responsible for supporting our expanding customer base of Caterpillar Longwall Equipment. This exciting opportunity will also provide the exposure to the release of the next generation Caterpillar longwall technology.
- Provide maximum satisfaction to our customers by ensuring all inspections, maintenance, commissioning and repairs are carried out to the highest possible standard.
- Monitor and review Caterpillar equipment in operation and provide necessary feedback to all stakeholders to assess and improve performance.
- Deliver onsite technical assistance to provide appropriate solutions to customer issues.
- Training and mentoring of site personnel.
- Maintain a high safety standard.
- Assist with Audits, Life Cycle, Downtime and Performance analysis and reporting for preventative maintenance
Skills & Experience
- Electrical Trade Certificate – Australian Trade Recognised.
- Minimum 6 months Underground experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice due to the nature of the role
- Willingness and ability to be on call or work overtime as required
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to analyse problems and provide appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated Diagnostic skills and Fault finding/root cause analysis skills
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team
- Be able to read and interpret circuit diagrams and maintenance manuals
- Have a strong focus on safety for yourself and other team members
- Be flexible, reliable and show initiative
- Minimum of 5 years post trade experience
- Knowledge of Caterpillar longwall equipment
- Knowledge and understanding the life cycle of a Longwall
- Experience in conducting or participating in risk assessments
- Qualified Supervisors Certificate
- EEHA certification
- HV Experience
- Competitive base hourly rate
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job number: 879383.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend