Plant Mechanic - Wilpinjong
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Dubbo & Central NSW
- Operational Support Services
Onsite Plant Mechanic
About the role
WesTrac is currently seeking an experienced Plant Mechanic to join our team based onsite at Wilpinjong Coal Mine.
The is a full time permanent position working a lifestyle roster, rotating between days and nights consisting of 11.5 hour shifts. To be eligible for this position you will be required to successfully pass a NSW Coal Board Medical (Order 43).
You will be required to perform repairs and maintenance on the customers fleet of Caterpillar equipment which includes: 789,793, D10, D11, M Series Graders, 994H and a 6060 HMS.
As the newest member of our crew you will:
- Hold a mechanical Trade Certificate (Plant Mechanic, Diesel Fitter or equivalent) + be able to demonstrate the skills obtained in your post trade experience
- Have a strong aptitude for diagnostics and be able to perform repairs and overhauls in accordance with Caterpillar procedures
- Have existing exposure to open cut mining operations or familiarity with open cut equipment
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and written/verbal communication skills
- Show a dedicated commitment to Safety and Quality Assurance
- Competitive base hourly rate + annual remuneration review
- 10% location allowance
- 15% shift allowance
- Fitness Passport
- Flexi time opt in - accrue extra annual leave
- Discounts on Cat hand tools and merchandise
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Ref 879407.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend