- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Service, Product Support
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2021 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have a permanent opportunity for an experienced First Class Machinist to join our busy Machine Shop in South Guildford.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, your roster will be 4 days on, 4 days offs, 4 nights on, 4 days off, 12.5 hour shifts (inclusive of a 30 minute unpaid meal break). This role will require you to operate manual machines (lathes & mills) and metal spraying, to salvage and repair Caterpillar equipment & components.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on state of the art mining equipment
- The latest industry training to advance your skills
- Opportunity to expand your skillset across a variety of departments
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
To be successful the following is required:
- 1st Class Machinist Trade Certificate
- High Risk Work Licence – Forklift & Dogging
- Previous manual machining experience - Vertical & Horizontal Borer (desirable)
- Previous experience machining heavy mining equipment
- Metal Spraying experience (desirable)
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5's
- Experience producing work from engineering drawings, producing quality work within quoted tolerances
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend