Mining Support Manager
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Operational Support Services, Product Support, Customer Service
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Mining Support Manager
About the role
WesTrac is seeking to reward an energetic and results focused Mining Support Manager. The role is responsible for the overall site relationship of our customer base, identifying and capturing the opportunities and maximising our product support sales opportunities through parts and service sales. The role is accountable for achieving market share outcomes and is responsible for leading a team.
Based at our Mt Thorley branch and reporting to the Mining Business Manager, this position is offered on a full time permanent basis, working Monday to Friday.
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits, plus company car and potential commission earnings of $62,000.
- Ensure company safety procedures and safe working practices are strictly followed, with the aim of reducing lost time incidents to zero. Grow and maintain positive relationships with customers (including maintenance, production, commercial & management) and internal stakeholders to ensure streamlined open communication channels.
- Develop and execute mine site customer after market support strategies for the designated customer base, ensuring the customer is extracting the most value out of their Caterpillar equipment investment and maximising WesTrac’s market share of their after market parts and service business.
- Coordinate response to customer requests for Tenders, Request for Proposals, Expression of Interest etc. relating to parts and service sales opportunities
- Negotiate and close supply contracts within the designated customer base for the provision of goods and services
- Regularly monitor and report monthly Customer’s Caterpillar Fleet performance to ensure the customer is extracting the full value out of their Caterpillar assets
Skills & Experience
- A demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment.
- Proven technical expertise or sales experience in heavy industry and maintenance or other relevant experience inclusive of a related professional qualification, with parts and service role
- Proven sound communication, relationship development & bargaining skills, with the ability to influence key stakeholders and close negotiations.
- Proven commercial and contract experience, with ability to realise business objectives through negotiation, ensure obligations are being met in order to achieve outcomes and monitor performance throughout the term.
- Caterpillar equipment and /or Dealership and systems experience.
- Understanding of Heavy Mining Equipment ‘Total Cost of Ownership’ modelling coupled with commercial experience in the mining industry.
- A proven leader that can demonstrate their ability to create, maintain and improve a group of people so that they exceed customer expectations whilst achieving business outcomes.
- Self-motivated individual that can demonstrate the ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously, unsupervised.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to manage fluctuating workloads and conflicting priorities to achieve tight deadlines
- Experience within Caterpillar Parts and Service customer support role
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- Company vehicle
- Potential earnings of $62,000
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness Passport
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job number: 879255
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend