Auto Electrician - Newcastle General workshop - Rebuilds
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Operational Support Services
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,000 staff and 140 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
AUTO ELECTRICIAN – REBUILDS
About the role
Due to continued growth we have ongoing opportunities for Auto Electricians within the General Workshop at our state of the art facility in Tomago. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor in the Rebuilds section, you will join an expanding team of over 40 Plant Mechanics and Auto Electricians. For these permanent positions a variety of rosters are available to choose from including lifestyle roster 24/7 and rotating weeks of days/nights.
- Customising electrical components of customers machinery
- Designing and building electrical circuits to customer specifications
- Working on machinery across the general construction industry and mining
- Leading others and contributing to an ongoing tight-knit team environment
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology or equivalent
- Post trade experience in a mining environment
- Experience working on Caterpillar machinery
- Skilled in fault finding, diagnosis and problem solving
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to influence a team
- Safety focused approach to all tasks and a continuous improvement mindset
- Competitive base hourly rate working in a state of the art workshop
- 7.5% location allowance and onsite cafeteria, laundered overalls
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle, plus relevant job training in our Training Institute prior to joining the Workshop
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job Number 877024.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend