Technology Product Specialist
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
Are you passionate about technology? Are you highly driven with a desire to succeed? Do you want to work on the frontline of Autonomous mining?
Our Technology department at WesTrac is currently working with world leading Caterpillar machine technology and are looking for an enthusiastic, technology driven team member to join the team – make history and be a part of WesTrac’s future!
As a Technology Product Specialist, you will become the Subject Matter Expert in Caterpillar MineStar technology products, focussed on providing expert technical support both internal to WesTrac and external to customers as required to grow, develop and enhance product or application knowledge. The Technology Product Specialist leverages advanced mining technology application knowledge to improve mining operations, process, change management, increase customer loyalty, and improve sales force effectiveness.
This is an opportunity for someone with an Engineering, Trade, Radio Communications or IT Hardware background to move into a role with a dual purpose, providing customer service and technical product troubleshooting whilst gaining exposure to world first mining technology. The suitable person for this role will be flexible, highly professional, and focused on working in partnership with all teams in the technology division, as well as actively contributing to the development of technical documentation, product training, advanced analysis and resolution of technology related issues. This is primarily a metro-based role but travel to site will be needed on an as-required basis.
Our comprehensive training and on boarding processes will ensure that you are equipped with the right skills to commence your journey into automation as a Technology Product Specialist. Our teams have access to a first-class training Institute in Perth and our new Technology Training Facility in Collie.
To be successful in this role the following is required:
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Qualification highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) with the ability to cultivate relationships at all levels
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot, ideally in a support environment
- Highly developed attention to detail with the ability to analyse data and compile reports to provide suitable recommendations and resolutions
- Ability to work proficiently within a team and autonomously
- Demonstrated experiencing working in a high-risk environment
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment automation in mining environments desirable
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Income protection Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Partner Discount network
- Further education assistance
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline memberships, motor vehicle etc.
- Discounted health insurance
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend