Field Service Plant Mechanic - Moree
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- North West & Tamworth
- Product Support
Field Service Plant Mechanic – Moree
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with WesTrac's own in house RTO - 50737, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
About the role
WesTrac in Moree is seeking an experienced Field Service Plant Mechanic. The successful applicant will be a motivated individual, who has post trade experience, particularly with Machine overhauls, and the servicing and maintenance of various Cat equipment. You will bring a high level of technical skills and expertise to the role, along with a strong drive and motivation to succeed and commit to a team. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has their Heavy Vehicle Mechanic qualifications, however we will also consider applicants who also have their Light Vehicle Mechanic qualifications.
You will be reporting to the Branch Supervisor, working alongside a team of experienced Plant Mechanic’s. As a Field Service Plant Mechanic, you will be required to be out on field. The position on offer is a permanent, Full time role working Monday – Friday, 10 hour shifts with opportunities to do overtime.
Skills & Experience
- Plant Mechanic qualification or similar
- Basic computer skills
- Sound working knowledge of Caterpillar equipment is highly regarded
- Ability to work autonomously if required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong diagnostic and repair skills, with a commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Demonstrates the WesTrac SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer
- Nationally accredited Forklift, Dogman, and Working at Height tickets
A demonstrated proactive and methodical approach to assign tasks and problem solving will support your integration into our high performing team.
Rewards & Benefits
- Job Security and potential for advancement
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Competitive and above award base hourly rate
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Day time shifts
- Discounts with Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day art our head office in Newcastle, plus supplementary training at our RTO.
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) – This is available for you and your family.
- Fitness Passport for you and your family.
- Annual remuneration review for all staff
- Flexi time opt in – you will have the ability to purchase more leave
- 10 weeks of paid parental leave
- Discounted Cat Hand Tools and merchandise
- Discounted toolbox insurance
- Further training and development opportunities
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend