Business Intelligence Analyst - BI
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Finance and Administration
Advertising from 14th September to 14th October 2020.
- Provide vital support to the business through data analysis and reporting
- Strengthen your data science skills through solving diverse business problems
- Full time permanent role, Monday to Friday
Business Analyst and an expert in developing analytic and reporting solutions? Join our team at a time of positive change and development!
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
BUSINESS ANALYST - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
About the role
The Business Analyst - Business Intelligence is responsible for providing vital support to the business by using data analysis and reporting to drive insights and decisions that improve revenue and operation. This role will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders across WesTrac to identify business optimisation initiatives, deliver reporting solutions and support the business in implementing key analytical initiatives.
You will have access to our data lake which contains millions of data from all aspects of the business, and contribute to its improvements. The diversity of the business problems that you will be solving will enable you to strengthen your data science skills. As the key driver in the development and implementation of solutions, you will be given leadership opportunities. Most importantly, you will be fully supported by your experienced Business Intelligence Manager to drive and deliver successful projects together.
This position is based from our state of the art Tomago facility and will be offered on a full time permanent basis, working Monday to Friday.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business (e.g. marketing, finance, sales, product, operation, etc.) to identify business problems for analysis and reporting to keep them engaged and to resolve the problem together
- Develop and implement analysis and reporting to resolve business problems (e.g. customer behaviour prediction, market analytics, sales forecast, resource and operation optimisation, asset failure prediction, etc.)
- Develop business intelligence and analysis to report and measure business performance
- Coordinate analytics projects in an agile way to ensure business value deliverables are maximised
- Actively identify process improvements and recommend necessary actions to promote continuous improvement culture
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree or higher from a discipline that uses statistical modelling (e.g. Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Econometrics or equivalent)
- Several years experience with SQL, R and/or Python to determine trends and patterns
- Ability to handle complex data engineering and transformation
- Ability to develop and refine analytic solutions to resolve business problems
- Experience with business intelligence/analytics tool (e.g. Power BI) and knowledge of data modelling
- Ability to present analytics and insights in a way that drives outcomes and change in the business
- Strong commercial acumen and business analysis skills
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link. The right person for the role will be offered a competitive salary between the range of $80,000 and $90,000, exclusive of Superannuation, depending on their skills and experience.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now