- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
HSE ADVISOR - MT THORLEY
About the role
WesTrac has a fantastic career opportunity for a qualified and experienced HSE Advisor. Based at our Mt Thorley branch and reporting to the HSE Manager, you will provide superior support to our mining region branches and customer operations.
The successful applicant will be an energetic self-starter with a passion for safety. You will be a proactive and persuasive person who is highly engaging and effective in all communications with employees and management to drive and promote a positive and effective safety culture. You are empathetic and genuinely care about the safety of our workforce and a harm free productive workplace.
The role will require regular travel in support of our key branches at Bathurst, Dubbo and Tamworth, with infrequent travel to smaller branches. As such a company vehicle will be provided. This position is available on a full time permanent basis, working Monday to Friday.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure their understanding and compliance with WesTrac’s safety systems
- Provide practical advice, assistance and guidance on best practice and identify opportunities for improvement to contribute to a positive HSE culture
- Coordinate health, safety, environment and employee well-being practices to attain a harm free workplace
- Establish genuine and meaningful partnerships with managers, customers and key stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualification in WHS with several years’ experience in an HSE role, preferably in a heavy industrial/mining environment
- Working knowledge and thorough understanding of WHS and Mining NSW legislation with proven ability to interpret conditions
- Natural ability to build rapport and establish relationships with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously while balancing a collaborative approach with the overall team
- Previous experience developing and facilitating training (e.g. inductions) to a large and diverse group
- High attention to detail with the ability to identify continuous improvement initiatives
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills with ability to provide recommendations and action as require
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage fluctuating workloads and conflicting priorities to achieve tight deadlines
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme including a company car
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements – 1 day a week work from home will be supported following the settling in period
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness passport
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 878707.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend