Field Service Plant Mechanics - Gunnedah, Moree, Narrabri
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- North West & Tamworth
- Service, Product Support
- Multiple permanent positions across Gunnedah, Moree and Narrabri
- Field roles for both new and highly experienced mechanic technicians
- Flexible rosters available, let’s discuss what works for you!
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
FIELD SERVICE PLANT MECHANICS – TAMWORTH AND NORTH WEST NSW
About the role
At WesTrac we have an ongoing high volume of work in providing service to our customers in the Tamworth and North West NSW region. In this role you will deliver a high standard of field service support to our customers in the service, maintenance and repair of Caterpillar equipment. As such we are looking for multiple Field Service Plant Mechanics to join us in the below areas and focuses:
- Gunnedah – Mining equipment
- Narrabri – Mining equipment
- Moree – Civil and construction equipment
We have a variety of rosters available and will discuss what works for you based on your circumstances, and the requirements of our customers. Applicants located in surrounding areas or willing to relocate will be considered.
We are a values-based organisation, and our core values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer are the foundation of our culture.
Whether you are fresh out of your apprenticeship or a highly experienced field service technician, we will happily consider your fit for our team.
- Performing repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of Caterpillar customer equipment
- Diagnosing and reporting for preventative maintenance
- Autonomously providing solutions, service and satisfaction to our customers
Skills & Experience
- Heavy mechanical trade qualification, ideally Cert III Mobile Plant Qualification (including Certificate of Proficiency)
- Several years post-trade experience or fresh out of apprenticeship with the right attitude
- Caterpillar product knowledge and maintenance experience
- Excellent stand-alone diagnostic and repair skills with a strong commitment to service excellence
- Excellent attitude to your work, and dedication to safe work practices
- Ability to travel regionally as required to perform required duties
- Competitive base hourly rate + 15% field service allowance
- 15% shift allowance subject to roster
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle, plus supplementary training at our RTO
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job Ref# 878425.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend