Technical Product Advisor
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Tom Price
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have a Permanent opportunity for Technical Product Advisor.
Reporting to the Operations manager, the Technical Product Advisor provides support to customers regarding on-board hardware and software technology products. Its aim is to ensure customers are successful in the maintenance, repair and operation of these technology products and ensure any faults and issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. This role also issues regular technology performance reports outlining current performance levels, gaps and the progress of plans to rectify. He or she acts as the conduit between customer, WesTrac and Caterpillar.
The nature of the role is advisory, i.e. although hands-on technical skills & experience are required for the role, most importantly it is aimed at providing advice and consultation to customers regarding faults & diagnosis, root cause analyses and maintenance & repair strategies for technology products – both for on-board hardware and software.
To be successful the following is required
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, coupled with at least 5 years post qualification experience or trade qualification in Automotive electrical or Mechanical field with minimum 8 years post trade experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within mining technology industry
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Caterpillar MineStar products and their application.
- Advanced time management, planning and organisational skills with the ability manage multiple priorities to meet objectives
- Highly developed attention to detail with the ability to analyse data and compile reports whilst providing suitable recommendations
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills with the ability to follow through with required actions
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
What we can offer you:
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Various roster types, lifestyle and family friendly
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted health insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend