- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Service, Product Support
- Competitive base salary and 22.5% allowances
- Expand your skills and knowledge on a diverse range of products
- Grow your career with a world leading Caterpillar dealership
- Permanent position, rotating 2 weeks days/nights
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Hydraulic Fitter - Tomago
About the role
We are seeking a Hydraulic Fitter to join the Hydraulics workshop at our state of the art facility in Tomago.
As the successful applicant you will be a motivated individual who shows initiative, demonstrates a real sense of pride in your work and aspires to develop your skills and experiences alongside your team.
In return for your talent and commitment we offer you a supportive workplace where you can expand your skills and knowledge on a diverse range of products. We provide specialised servicing equipment coupled with readily available technical information and in-house training. All the while you will be working in a safe, stable and personable environment that sets you up for success.
This is a permanent full time position working a rotating roster of 2 weeks of days, 2 weeks of nights, 10 hour shifts.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe, clean, respectful and positive work environment
- High quality overhauls of a wide range of hydraulic and mechanical components
- Completion of overhaul quality documentation to a high standard
- Contributing to a high performing team with a focus on delivering outstanding service and value
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Experience overhauling surface and underground components including cylinders, pistons, pumps, motors, valves and accumulators
- NDT experience and accreditation
- Caterpillar product knowledge and maintenance experience
- Able to work overtime and/or extra shifts as required
- Nationally accredited high risk dogman ticket
- Nationally accredited high risk forklift ticket
- Ability to work competently unsupervised
- Competitive base hourly rate
- 7.5% location and 15% shift allowance
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend