First Class Machinist
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, based in South Guildford. Working an alternating roster 2 weeks dayshift, 2 weeks night shift – 10 hours per shift on 4/4 roster.
You will be required to salvage and repair components, along with the machining/manufacturing of replacement components associated with Caterpillar equipment whilst working on manual machinery.
- Qualified 1st Class Machinist Trade Certificate with a minimum of 3 years post trade experience
- Demonstrated Safe working attributes and ability to complete risk assessments
- Previous demonstrated experience in programming and operating manual machines
- Demonstrated ability to produce work from engineering drawings, producing quality work within quoted tolerances
- Ability to diagnose and fault find with a methodical approach to problem solving
- High Risk Work Licence - Forklift & Dogging Tickets
- Knowledge and a working understanding of Caterpillar Production Systems (CPS)
- Contamination Control work practices
- Working at heights
- Elevated work platforms
- Verify proficiency in overhead crane operation
The WesTrac culture is about energy, enthusiasm, contribution and being able to make a difference in what we do at work and beyond. You will be able to maximise value whilst continuing the investment we have in our most important asset, our people.
About the company
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors.
We value our people and love to reward and recognise each employee’s contribution. WesTrac offers a competitive remuneration package with a number of benefits and non-financial rewards to help make everyday life a little more comfortable.
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Corporate Health Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
If you are a driven self-starter and are confident you have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, please apply.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend