MCG Senior Technician
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
Reporting to the Technology Operations Supervisor, the MCG Senior Technician is accountable for the installation, calibration, commissioning and ongoing support of the Technology range of systems on Caterpillar (CAT) and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) machines in accordance with manufacturer standards, customer requirements and WesTrac’s core SPARC values and Life Saving Commitments.
Senior technicians are responsible to provide advanced knowledge and skills across software and hardware selection, fault diagnosis / rectification and remote and field product support, including applying an engineering mindset to developing product application across new implementations and product improvement initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include providing engaging leadership of installation and maintenance technicians, providing oversight, coaching and mentoring to develop skillsets and align abilities to Caterpillar and Westrac standards.
Provide exceptional levels of customer service for both internal and external clients, enabling Westrac to achieve customer satisfaction goals, overall relationship development and dealership growth.
- Certificate IV in Electro Technology or relevant Trade Certificate coupled with a minimum 4 years’ experience in an Auto Electronic/Communications/Electronics Technician/ Mechanical Fitter role with demonstrated windows-based IT systems knowledge and understanding of networking principles
- C Class manual driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a national Police Clearance.
- Ability to regularly pass Drug & Alcohol screening.
Experience and Knowledge
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and Technical Specifications
- Provide standards-based quality workmanship across hardware, electrical and mechanical works;
- Complete technical and administrative documentation to a high standard;
- Understands and drives Continuous Improvement initiatives across all aspects of the role.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships
- Proven leadership or mentoring skills
- Prior experience utilising Technology products or similar Fleet Management Systems
- Understanding of radio network communications
- Previous experience working in a mining environment
- Frontline/People Manager qualifications/or demonstrated experience
- ICAM qualifications
- Trainer qualifications and experience.
What we can offer you:
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Partner Discount network
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted health insurance
WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory with award winning support across the mining, construction and transport industries. WesTrac’s vision is to be the Customers First Choice in Equipment Management Solutions. To achieve this, we put safety first and have the right people in the right roles.
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates. We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend