Field Service Plant Mechanics
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to carrying out warranty and customer repairs on a range of CAT machinery and associated products in a timely and efficient manner. You will be required to carry out field service work on a regular basis throughout the Newman Region, and you have access to the latest training and technical knowledge relating to the CAT product.
Supplied with a field service ute, you will be required to visit customer sites to not only diagnose and repair Caterpillar equipment, but also complete warranty repair work and reports.
You will also be required to have sound customer relations and interpersonal skills and the ability to work completely unsupervised. Your responsibilities will also include;
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Deliver first class customer service
About the role
- 2/1 FIFO roster (ex Perth) or 10/4 residential roster
- Relocation assistance provided
- 12 hour days (Residential, location and field service allowances are paid).
The role will require you to have
- Previous post trade Caterpillar experience in a field service environment.
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Qualification.
- 3 - 5 years post Trade experience.
- Ability to work unsupervised and remote.
- Excellent fault-finding skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5's.
- Current C Class Licence – HR Preferred.
- High Risk Work Licence (i.e. LF, DG, RG, EWP).
- Familiarity with service literature.
In return we offer;
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
- Uniforms and PPE provided (Laundered)
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory with award winning support across the mining, construction and transport industries. WesTrac’s vision is to be the Customers First Choice in Equipment Management Solutions. To achieve this, we put safety first and have the right people in the right roles
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend