Plant Mechanic - Glendell
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Service, Product Support
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Plant Mechanic - Glendell
About the role
We are seeking experienced and team orientated Plant Mechanics for permanent positions based on our customer site at Glendell. In this role you will join a large crew of mechanics performing inspections, maintenance and repairs on Caterpillar 789C Rock Trucks and 793D Mining Trucks. You will bring a high level of technical skills and expertise to the role, along with a strong drive and motivation to succeed. The role is on a rotating roster of days and nights, working just 14 days a month.
Skills & Experience
As the successful candidate you will have proven experience working in a similar mine site based role and possess the following skills and experience:
- CERT III Heavy Vehicle / Mobile Plant Qualification;
- Experience working on heavy/mobile equipment in both workshop and field service environments;
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills;
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements;
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong job planning skills;
- Familiarity with caterpillar equipment is desirable.
- Competitive base hourly rate
- Add 27% location allowance
- Add 15% shift allowance
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend