Workshop Planner - Newcastle Component Rebuild Centre
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Product Support
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,000 staff and 140 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
About the role
We are seeking an energetic and team orientated Planner – Component Rebuild Centre to be based at our state of the art facility at Tomago.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the role of the Planner - Product Support is to use proactive methods of data collection, analysis and tracking to schedule and plan workload in line with resources and agreed time lines.
This role is vital for maintaining effective communication with internal and external stakeholders regarding job requirements, parts requirements, job and technician status, and seeking feedback and providing follow-up post completion of job.
The role supports the Branch Manager and relevant Supervisors through scheduling and demand planning reports to ensure peaks and troughs can be managed effectively. This role will facilitate better velocity and reduced cost, while having a positive impact on customer satisfaction.
You will have a proactive approach to your work with demonstrated experience working in high performing teams and have a methodical approach to problem solving. The team at WesTrac encourages growth and development of our staff and this is an outstanding opportunity to grow and develop your career with a globally recognised Caterpillar dealership.
- Responsible for using proactive methods of data collection, analysis and tracking to schedule and plan work volumes in accordance with resources and agreed timeframes
- Provide a superior level of service to internal and external stakeholders through communication of customer requirements to the workshop, and status updates to customers
- Supporting the Branch Manager and relevant Supervisors through scheduling and demand planning reports to ensure peaks and troughs can be managed effectively
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Exceptional Planning and time management experience
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated to maintaining safe work practices and environment
- Knowledge of Caterpillar components and Parts
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness Passport
- On-boarding and Welcome day
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now