Product Support Advisor - Cadia
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- Operational Support Services, Product Support
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,000 staff and 140 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
PRODUCT SUPPORT ADVISOR - CADIA
About the role
Based at Cadia and reporting to the Site Supervisor, as a Product Support Advisor you will increase the performance, reliability and availability of the R3000 fleet/product set, by improving the preventative maintenance strategy and equipment effectiveness while working to reduce customer costs. This position has become available due to an internal promotion.
The Product Support Advisor is the link between the customer, Caterpillar and WesTrac for all information, documentation and continuous improvement and is responsible for completing daily, weekly and monthly reporting, providing technical assistance and support to the customer’s site maintenance staff.
This position is offered on a full time permanent basis, working Monday to Friday, 10 hour days, 7AM – 5:30PM.
- Liaise with the customer, technical services and Caterpillar to resolve emerging product issues
- Monitor equipment performance and condition to ensure best availability for life of the customers machines
- Provide history to repair centers to best understand the cause of component failures and the prior machine history
- Implement trials and monitor effectiveness to determine if benefit of increased machine availability is provided to the customer
- Attend and contribute to meetings providing expertise on Caterpillar products
Skills & Experience
- Trade qualified with significant post-trade experience in similar industry/product range
- Demonstrated experience in condition monitoring and failure analysis
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information quickly
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills to enable the effective resolution of issues
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage and prioritise fluctuating workloads
- Advanced stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness Passport
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job Number 877093.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend