Product Engineering Specialist / Technical Communicator
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Technology, Product Support
About the role
Due to an internal position movement we are seeking a driven Product Engineering Specialist (Technical Communicator) to join our NSW team. Based at Tomago and reporting to the Fleet Performance Specialist, you will be the product specialist responsible for providing high quality information and guidance on technical issues, failure analysis and problems to external stakeholders.
This is an integral role within the business and your days will see you providing technical assistance and advice on machine and component issues, investigating product problems relating to service and engineering matters, machine operation and overall performance, carrying out failure analysis on failed components, identifying failure cause and providing recommendations for resolution and associated component maintenance.
This is a full time permanent role, primarily based at our Tomago site working Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 4pm.
About the company
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors.
Qualifications, skills and experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Trade Qualifications with extensive post trade experience
- High level of customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills to effectively resolve issues in Caterpillar equipment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal),
- Intermediate computer literacy skills – MS Office, email, Internet based applications and mobile devices,
- Component Failure Analysis experience
- Knowledge and experience of CAT Diagnostic tools and CAT Information systems is highly desirable.
As a Product Engineering Specialist with WesTrac you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Permanent position working Monday to Friday, 8 hour days
- Total package including superannuation starts from $105,000, plus $11,000 vehicle allowance
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
- An additional 2-3 days training where required at our onsite RTO
- Company funded income protection and corporate discounts including travel and fitness passport
- Opportunities for progression within our network of Branches all over NSW/ACT
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
A cover letter specifically addressing your suitability for this position will be well regarded.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Amy Stewart – Senior Recruitment Coordinator on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 877002.
Applications close 1 September 2019, 11:55PM AEST
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend