Employee Relations Advisor
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - fixed term
- Human Resources
Employee Relations Advisor
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employee Relations professional to join our team as a People Relations Advisor for a 6-month fixed term contract. Working in the People Relations team, and reporting to the People Relations Specialist, the role will focus on providing ER services to the WesTrac business across WA aligned to business strategy, WesTrac policy and the Fair Work Act.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a caseload of ER matters including workplace grievances, performance issues and misconduct in accordance with the FWA.
- Provide general ER advice to employees of WesTrac.
- Advise and coach WesTrac front line leaders in the management of ER cases and investigations.
- Undertake workplace investigations as appropriate.
- Contribute to business improvement activities including process improvement and policies/ procedures.
You are a person with strong industrial and employee relations skills who thrives in a complex and demanding environment.
Your strong knowledge and practical experience of employment law, and the FWA, means that you are a trusted advisor and professional.
You will have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role ideally in mining, construction or similar. Your solid experience allows you to make sound ER decisions aligned to WesTrac requirements with minimal guidance.
Knowledge and Skills you’ll bring to the Role:
- Relevant human resources or legal related qualifications and/or strong Employee Relations experience preferably in a blue-collar and unionised workforce.
- A proven understanding of the application of employment law, relevant case precedent and EBAs.
- Strong communication skills covering dispute resolution, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to effectively create employee-related documents such as letters, investigation reports and case notes is essential.
- Strong IT skills including; MS Office products and SAP products including Success Factors.
What we can offer you
We value our people and love to reward and recognise each employee’s contribution. WesTrac offers a competitive remuneration package with several benefits and non-financial rewards to help make everyday life a little more comfortable
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competency based annual pay increases
- Ongoing training and support to further your career
- Onsite cafe
At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. Now as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business. If you are a driven self-starter and are confident you have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, please apply
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend