Field Service Plant Mechanics - Port Hedland FIFO or Residential
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Tom Price
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors.
About the role
- Residential roster 10/4 or FIFO roster 2/1
- 12.5 hours per shift inclusive of a 30 minute unpaid meal break
- Residential, location and field service allowance paid
Situated 200 km north of Karratha, Port Hedland sits on the WA’s pristine coastline and has a rich history in pioneering and Indigenous culture and is well known as the hub of the resource industry and salt piles connecting the Pilbara and the Kimberley. Home of attractions such as the Staircase to the Moon and Eighty Mile Beach, Port Hedland offers a range of native flora and fauna right on your doorstep!
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to carrying out warranty and customer repairs on a range of CAT machinery and associated products in a timely and efficient manner. You will be required to carry out field service work on a regular basis throughout the Port Hedland Region, and you have access to the latest training and technical knowledge relating to the CAT product in both workshop and field positions.
Armed with a field service ute, you will be required to visit customer sites to not only diagnose and repair Caterpillar equipment, but also complete warranty repair work and reports. Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, you will be responsible for identifying and recommending preventative maintenance on customer equipment
You will also be required to have sound customer relations and interpersonal skills and the ability to work completely unsupervised. Your responsibilities will also include;
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Deliver first class customer service
You will be required to have;
- Australian recognised trade qualification in Plant Mechanics (heavy duty)
- Previous post trade Caterpillar experience in a field service environment
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Valid C class licence
- High Risk Work Licence (i.e. LF, DG, RG, EWP)
- Working at Heights
- Heavy Rigid Licence
- Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Familiarity with service literature
We value our people and love to reward and recognise each employee’s contribution. WesTrac offers a competitive remuneration package with several benefits and non-financial rewards to help make everyday life a little more comfortable
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Uniforms and PPE provided (laundered)
- Overtime available when required
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competency based annual pay increases
- Ongoing training and support
- Wellness Program
At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
NB: WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend