Supervisor Hydraulic Department
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Operational Support Services
About the company
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors.
As the successful candidate your existing knowledge and familiarity with Caterpillar’s products will enable you to provide outstanding customer service through understanding the needs of our customers.
About the role
The Hydraulics Supervisor is responsible for representing the customer's requirements to the workshop personnel and scheduling the flow of work through the workshop. The position requires good communication skills, oral and written, along with a broad technical knowledge to control all aspects of work order from initial contact through to invoice.
The position reports to the Area Manager and will be required to work a Monday to Friday roster however flexibility will be required as some over time and weekend work may be necessary.
Paramount to the functionality of this position is the requirement to ensure that the customer needs are investigated thoroughly, and the solutions offered that add value to both the customer and WesTrac to ensure customer relationship longevity. In addition, Hydraulics Supervisor is responsible for providing supervision, leadership and work order direction to a team within the designated area of work to ensure safety and quality of work is of the highest standard.
Principal Responsibilities for the Role
- Promote a safe and clean working environment that is continuously promoting WesTrac's Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
- Develop a culture within the team to deliver high quality work, in line with Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Communicate professionally with customers and accurately convey their requirements to the workshop team with enough information to enable the customer's requirements to be clearly understood.
- Monitor each job to ensure it meets customer's expectations and provide guidance to mechanics and customers when there are changes to the original scope of work.
- Plan, implement and communicate schedules for manpower, rosters, training, capital expenditure budgets and KPI's.
- Develop and manage team members through mentoring, annual reviews and formal training to ensure they continually improve their ability to carry out the required duties of their role.
- Dedication and commitment to Safety, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
- Proven staff management experience, preferably within a workshop environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to motivate team to achieve customer requirements and deliver work to the require standard
- Trade certified mechanic/electrician with significant post trade experience;
- Previous negotiation and conflict resolution experience
- Leadership/management training or formal qualification;
- Intermediate computer skills; on the job training will be provided on WesTrac systems.
- Knowledge of CAT equipment and systems
- Completed Frontline management training
We value our people and love to reward and recognise each employee’s contribution. WesTrac offers a competitive remuneration package with a number of benefits and non-financial rewards to help make everyday life a little more comfortable.
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Laundry Service
- Corporate Health Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
The WesTrac culture is about energy, enthusiasm, contribution and being able to make a difference in what we do at work and beyond. You will be able to maximise value whilst continuing the investment we have in our most important asset, our people
If you are a driven self-starter and are confident you have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, please apply.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend