- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
For over twenty years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory and north-east China with award winning support across the mining, construction and transport industries.
As one of the largest authorised Caterpillar dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide array of machinery and construction equipment as well as a comprehensive whole-of-life management solution designed to make owning and operating equipment as easy, profitable and safe as possible.
Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, the Laboratory Technician is accountable for conducting appropriate testing and analysis of fluid samples (e.g. oil, coolant and grease) as per WesTrac Quality Manual and safety policies and procedures, downloading subsequent results and checking for accuracy prior to release for interpretation and analysis.
- Prepare samples for testing including registering and sorting, coding and dating, preparing for testing (decanting etc.
- Ensure daily Quantity Control (QA) checks of equipment are carried out as per departmental policy and proceduresMaintain all required production paperwork including sample records, maintenance and shift logs
- Check accuracy of test results information on each tray, identifying anomalies and ensuring appropriate re-runs are carried out prior to uploading results in to departmental database
- Ensure all samples are tested within 24 hours of receipt
- Organise further testing such as but not limited to moisture determination, validation and Fuel Dilution checks, as required
- Check accuracy of test result information on each and every tray, identifying anomalies and ensuring appropriate reruns and/or adjustments are actioned prior to upload of results into fluid analysis database
- Ensure accurate management of instrument spare parts inventory
- Perform testing of samples (an average 2000 samples per day) using WesTrac procedures and industry approved instruments, including -
- Particle Quantifier (PQ)
- Infra-red (IR)
- Inductivity Coupled Plasma (ICP)
- Coolant Analysis – physical testing
- Gas Chromatograph – fuel in oil
- Karl Fisher – water contamination in oil
- Metohm Autotitrator – Total Base Number (TBN); Total Acid Number (TAN)
- Mantech Autotittrator – Coolant Testing
- Minimum Certificate IV in Laboratory Practice coupled with a minimum 2 years' post qualification experience within a laboratory
- Intermediate computer literacy skills – MS Office
- High level of attention to detail
- Sound communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounted health insurance
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend