Business Improvement Advisor
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Operational Support Services
About the role
Due to an internal promotion a Business Improvement Advisor position has become available in the Business Strategy and Growth Team based at our Tomago facility. Reporting to the Strategic Initiatives Manager, in this role you will champion the operation of the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) and Contamination Control (CC) within WesTrac NSW. In addition to this you will get the opportunity to plan and execute strategically important projects that add value to the WesTrac business.
- CPS uses lean principles to enable end to end process alignment across the entire value chain
- CC is a proactive reliability and durability initiative aimed at providing superior value for customers, and maintaining high levels of housekeeping
The BI Advisor will support the business by providing methodologies, tools and training to assist in the understanding and implementation of CPS & CC. The position will also be required to support the WesTrac NSW Project Management Office (PMO) which involves project prioritisation, project governance, project planning and execution.
As our successful applicant you will demonstrate the below skills and experience:
- Relevant business or tertiary qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a Project Management or Business Improvement role
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels with diverse customers and internal stakeholders
- Influence project managers and other stakeholders to deliver results and maximise business value
- Advanced computer literacy skills - MS Office, including MS Project, MS Visio, and familiarity with various Project Management tools
- Dedicated attitude to following Safety and Quality Policies
- Desirable – 6 Sigma Black Belt as Lean Six Sigma principles will be considered and utlilised where appropriate
- Desirable – Familiarity with Agile project management methodologies
About the company
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors.
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Access to ongoing learning and development programs
- Discounted private health plan
- Corporate travel discounts
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link. Make the move with an industry leader today!
For further information regarding this role, please contact Amy Stewart – Senior Recruitment Coordinator on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 876639.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend