Workshop Supervisor - Newcastle
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Hunter Valley & Newcastle
- Management, Product Support
About the Opportunity
As a Workshop Supervisor you will be responsible for providing supervision to a highly skilled team of people to ensure safety and quality of work is of the highest standard. Reporting directly to the Branch Manager you will ensure effective work order management and outstanding Workshop performance to achieve business targets of productivity and compliance to Caterpillar, Customer and WesTrac requirements. You will be a key point of contact for our various customers in the construction and civil industry.
- Promote safety behaviours and reporting processes to ensure an ongoing safe working environment and the resolution of identified hazards;
- Manage team members while promoting a high-performance culture, ensuring objectives are clearly communicated and, team members are provided with required training to complete inherent requirements;
- Oversee store performance ensuring target times are met, the right person works on the right job at the right time with the right tooling, and customers are provided with a high level of service;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to assist in the effective and efficient operation of the business.
Skills & Experience
Our successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and abilities;
- Trade certificate with a minimum of 8 years post trade experience
- Minimum of 2 years people management skills and experience in a similar role;
- Intermediate computer skills;
- Advanced communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal);
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously;
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage fluctuating workloads and prioritise accordingly;
- Highly developed attention to detail.
- Previous experience utilising WesTrac and Caterpillar systems
- Previous experience servicing Caterpillar equipment
- Completion or attainment towards Certificate IV Frontline Management
WesTrac offers a competitive salary and benefits scheme commensurate with industry standards. We also provide our employees with comprehensive learning and development programs designed to encourage their professional and personal development. Benefits include company funded income protection, salary packing options, discounted corporate private health plan, and a Fitness Passport allowing access to over 200+ gyms and pools at discounted rates.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link. Make the move with an industry leader today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend