Technology Product Application Specialist - Construction
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
The WesTrac culture is about energy, enthusiasm, contribution and being able to make a difference in what we do at work and beyond. You will be able to maximise value whilst continuing the investment we have in our most important asset, our people.
About the role
Reporting to the Product Management and Sales Support Manager, the Product Technology Application Specialist is responsible for providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) advice on all levels of technology found on Caterpillar construction equipment from safety and productivity tools to 3D machine guidance. The role supports our customers and Sales team to realise the full potential of their equipment, by applying an in-depth understanding and application of the synergies of Caterpillar technology features and their application.
This is a highly collaborative role working with the entire Sales Teams and the wider WesTrac and CAT technology partners in delivery of Cat construction technology solutions.
Tasks and duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify and understand new technology on CAT equipment, working with our external supplier and stakeholders.
- Communications, product validation and business research – industry trends, technology advancements and applicability to our customers and products
- Responsible for ensuring new Technology Products that become available are migrated into the business successfully.
- Develop and present Business initiatives and solutions to the client (together with the Sales team) outlining opportunities and the benefits associated with the appropriate Technology application.
- Process validations - working with WesTrac’s customers, ensuring the technology is delivering value to the job site.
- Tertiary qualification: Information Technology/Computer Science, Surveying or related field coupled with minimum 3 - 5 years’ post qualification experience in construction or similar environment.
- Experience in Earth moving or Construction environment with demonstrated ability to use technology products (e.g. Mining High Precision Global Positioning System, Construction Machine Surveying Systems, Mechatronics Engineering, UTS, Payload systems).
- Experience in surveying and/or understanding of all facets of 3D machine guidance systems.
- Proven comprehensive understanding of operational processes and technologies (e.g. Internet Protocol networks, radio communications and on-board machine technology systems) with the ability to undertake solutions integration, troubleshooting, process mapping and business analysis.
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to apply critical thinking, analysis and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) with the ability to effectively liaise at a high level with customers and a diverse range of interdepartmental team members.
- Advanced computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office, Business Objects, or other fleet management system experience).
- Demonstrated understanding of safe work practices within an operational environment.
- Experience in providing technical training to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with electronic & survey equipment installation procedures.
- Experience in sales or other customer focused business areas.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills including troubleshooting, process mapping and business analysis and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing deadlines.
We value our people and love to reward and recognise each employee’s contribution. WesTrac offers a competitive remuneration package with a number of benefits and non-financial rewards to help make everyday life a little more comfortable.
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Corporate Health Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If you are a driven self-starter and are confident you have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, please apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend