About the opportunities:
Autonomous Haul Trucks, Dozing, Drilling, Underground machines, Fleet Management and Connected Assets are the future of Mining industries. As Caterpillar technologies are developed and expanding, we need to expand our team of flexible, highly motivated and highly skilled Specialists. The team you will be joining, provides expert level support for specific technology products both within WesTrac and directly to Customers. In this role you develop your existing experience and knowledge to become an expert for the assigned product; to provide this product knowledge and structured documentation as required. You will have excellent communication and advanced computer literacy skills, with a flexible and dynamic approach.
Working a 5:2 or 8:6 roster as required based in our Perth head office.
Other accountabilities include:
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Technology product
- Assist in the investigation and root cause analysis to resolve product problems being experienced
- Develop, document and maintain technology knowledge centre to improve future efficiency in resolving recurring problems
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers who utilise on-board hardware and/or software & various radio technologies
- Submit incident and problem information to Caterpillar and other manufacturers as required
- Provide technical support to the Technology training team
- Build and maintain currency of product knowledge by working closely with Caterpillar (field follows) and Customers
- Provide expert on-site assistance for critical project milestones and first in class and first in region machines.
Why is this role right for you?
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role within the mining or construction technology sector. The ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, time management, planning and organisational skills with the ability manage multiple priorities to meet objectives. Highly developed attention to detail and problem solving with the ability to analyse data and compile reports whilst providing suitable recommendations. Advanced computer literacy skills and communication skills are also essential in the role.
Possess a Trade Certificate in Communications/Electronics/Industrial/Auto Electrical/Electrical or similar field with minimum 4 years post trade experience.
Alternatively, You will have a background in Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical) and a solid understanding of project management principles. You will possess a high level of initiative, problem solving skills with the ability to follow through to required outcomes.
OR, If you have significant mining experience with time spent using and maintaining MineStar products. In roles similar to a Minestar Builder, we would be interested in hearing from you. [AB1]
You will enjoy working as requested on site with some of Australia’s industry leaders and be part of a team with the ability to coach and mentor individuals in an office and work site environment.
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
Benefits we can offer you:
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- Partner Discount network
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounted health insurance
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates