Plant Mechanic: Pilbara | 7/7 or 2/2 Casual
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Tom Price
WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory with award winning support across the mining, construction and transport industries. WesTrac’s vision is to be the Customers First Choice in Equipment Management Solutions. To achieve this, we put safety first and have the right people in the right roles
About the role
Be part of a busy and diverse team whilst gaining and developing your experience and knowledge on CAT machinery and systems. These permanent roles will see you working autonomously as well as part of a team providing ongoing customer support on our traditional Caterpillar mining fleet.
You will be responsible for carrying out repairs, maintenance and servicing on a range of Caterpillar and Expanded Mining Product Equipment and completing warranty repair work and reports. Your responsibility will also include completing in field diagnosis and repairs and carrying out product improvement plans whilst maintaining safe work practices and environment
These roles will be on a casual contract where you can choose from a 7 days on, 7 days off roster or 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster
The role will require you to have;
- Australian recognised heavy duty mechanical trade certificate with at least 2 years post trade experience
- Experience with Caterpillar mining equipment
- Have sound customer relations skills
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Partner Discount network
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
NB: WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend